The MS5839 is a digital OEM sensor* that measures the absolute pressure* with high resolution. It is compensated and outputs the measured values as digital output signals via an I²C interface.
The reflowable sensors are designed for the pressure range of 300 – 1200 mbar (MS5839-02BA36) and are media-protected with a chlorine resistant gel coating. They are also shielded. In addition to the pressure, they measure the temperature from -40 to 85 ° C.
The MS5839 pressure sensors consist of a piezoresistive pressure cell and an amplifier A/D-interface-IC, housed in a QFN package (3.3 x 3.3 x 2.75 mm³). The metal top protects the electronic components and facilitates O-ring mounting. The sensor converts the measured pressure- and temperature-dependent signal of the measuring cell into a 24-bit data word. The I²C interface is used for serial communication with the microprocessor.
The sensors are intended for applications with a digital system environment. Since there is already a processor at system level, this can be used to easily calculate the current pressure and temperature values.
Accessory for the MS5839
Also available is the grove board, which can be used to quickly evaluate the sensors and build prototypes.
- Pressure ranges absolut: 100 – 2’000 mbar
- Temperature range: -40..+85 °C
- Resolution pressure: 0.016 mbar (MS5837-02BA03) / 0.2 mbar (MS5837-30BA)
- Resolution temperature: 0.002 °C
- Supply voltage 1.5 – 3.6 V
- Low power consumption: 0.6 μA (standby <0.1 μA)
- I2C interface
- Ceramic substrate with metal cap: 3.3 x 3.3 x 2.75 mm³
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Mobile altitude measurement
- Mobile water depth measurement
- Diving computer
- Bike computer
- Mobile altimeter/ barometer
- Sports watches
- Pneumatic devices
- Compressor control
- MS5839-02BA36 pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note 1808: Processing instructions for soldering
- Application note 509: Precise altitude measurement with pressure sensors
- White paper 02: How to measure absolute pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.