SM7221 / SM7321 / SM7421
The SOIC pressure sensors in the SM7X21 series are digital OEM sensors with a new silicon sensing element and modern electronic signal conditioning unit. The integrated digital signal processor permits calibration and temperature compensation during production.
The fully calibrated SM7221, SM7321 and SM7421 sensors are supplied in a standard SOIC16 package with two vertical or horizontal pressure connectors for SMD assembly. Pressure-proportional information in I2C format acts as an output signal. SM7221/SM7321/SM7421 are autonomous sensors which do not require any additional circuitry.
These SOIC-pressure sensors are suitable for reflow soldering and automatic assembly on a PCB.
The sensor is available in a relative SM7221 or differential SM7321 sensor version or as asymmetrical, bidirectional, differential pressure sensor SM7421.
Variants of SM7221/SM7321/SM7421
SM7221 relative pressure ranges: 0–0.15/0.29 psi
SM7321 differential pressure ranges:
P1: -0.29– -0.15 psi and P2: 0.15–0.29 psi (the absolute values of P1 and P2 must be identical. Please see the datasheet.)
SM7421 asymmetrical bidirectional pressure ranges:
P1: -0.29–0 and P2: 0–0.29 psi
Link to the pressure converter
The SOIC sensors in the SM7X21 series are supplied by AMSYS as standard products and can be customized in pressure range, working temperature, output signal, port position and more according to datasheet.
- Relative, differential and asymmetrical, bidirectional pressure: ±0.28 psi
- Compensated temperature range: -40–105°C
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V/5 V
- Calibrated digital output signal
- I²C format
- Resolution of 14 bits
- Accuracy: 1% FS
- Digital ASIC signal processor
- Bidirectional and differential versions
- SOIC16 package for SMD assembly
- ISO & ISO/TS certified
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Respiratory control
- Devices for negative pressure wound therapy
- Fan control
- Gas flows
- Airstream measurement
- SM7X21 OEM pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note 505: AMS 4712 – What to know about bidirectional differential pressure sensing (also applies to the SM7X21)
- Application note 1702: Digital data exchange with pressure sensors from SMI for I²C users
- Application note 1703: I2C communication with SMI protocol-A
- White paper 03: How to measure differential pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.