The MS5541 pressure measurement miniature module consists of a SMD-hybrid device including a piezoresistive pressure cell and an ADC-Interface IC. It provides 16 Bit data words from a pressure- and temperature-dependent voltage. Additionally the module contains 6 readable coefficients for a highly accurate software calibration for the pressure and temperature measurement. The MS5541 is a low-power, low-voltage device with automatic power down (ON/OFF) switching. A 3-wire interface is used to communicate with a microcontroller.
The devices have a very low standby-current. The optimal compromise of refresh rate and average current consumption can individually be defined by the application software.
MS5541-CM: protected by a metal ring filled with silicon gel on a ceramic hybrid 6.2×6.4mm
Pressure range: 0 … 200 PSI abs.; operating temperature: -40 … +85°C
The MS5541-C is fully software compatible to previous version MS5541-B.
The MS5541 is also available in a 435PSI version.
*Modules are pressure sensors, whose output signals have to be calculated by an external microprocessor.
Accessories for the MS5541
Also available are sample boards, which can be used together with the USB Development Kit to quickly evaluate the sensors and build prototypes, as well as light and dust protection caps.
- Pressure ranges: 14 and 30 bar, absolut
- Temperature range: -40 °C – +85 °C
- Resolution pressure: 1.2 mbar (14 bar sensor)
- Resolution pressure: 3.0 mbar (30 bar sensor)
- Resolution temperature: 0.01 °C
- Supply voltage: typ. 3 V
- Current consumption: 4 μA (Standby: max. 0.1 μA)
- Digital 3 wire interface (16 bit)
- Automatic power-down operation
- Media resistant
- Reflow capability
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Pneumatic applications
- Mobile water depth gauges
- Dive computers and diver watches
- MS5541-C pressure sensor datasheet
- MS5541-30C pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note an 1808: Processing instructions for soldering
- Application note an 1510: Communication between microcontroller and sensor via SPI
- Application note an 1518: Minimum and maximum values of the MS5541-CM
- White paper 02: How to measure absolute pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.