SM6291 / SM6391 / SM6491
The SOIC pressure sensors in the SM6X91 series are analog/digital OEM sensors* with a new silicon sensing element and modern electronic signal conditioning unit. The integrated digital signal processor permits calibration and temperature compensation during production.
The fully calibrated SM6291/SM6391/SM6491 sensors are supplied in a standard SOIC16 package with two vertical pressure connectors for SMD assembly. Pressure-proportional information in I2C format or as an analog 0.5 – 4.5 V voltage signal acts as an output signal. SM6291/SM6391/SM6491 are autonomous sensors which do not require any additional circuitry.
SM6291/SM6391/SM6491 are suitable for reflow soldering and automatic assembly on a PCB.
The sensor is available in a relative SM6291 or differential SM6391 sensor version or as asymmetrical, bidirectional, differential pressure sensor SM6491.
Variants of SM6291/SM6391/SM6491
SM6291 relative pressure ranges: 0 – 0.79 psi
SM6391 differential pressure ranges:
P1: -0.79 – -0.3 psi and P2: 0.3 – 0.79 psi (the absolute values of P1 and P2 must be identical. Please see the datasheet.)
SM6491 bidirectional, asymmetrical pressure ranges:
±0.79 psi (the absolute values of P1 and P2 may differ from one another. The difference between P1 and P2 must be greater than 0.3 psi, however. Please see the datasheet.)
Link to the pressure converter
AMSYS provides the SOIC sensors in the SM6X91 series as standard versions. The following specifications thereof can be customized, however.
- Relative, differential and asymmetrical, bidirectional pressure: ±0.79 psi
- Compensated temperature range: -40 – 105°C
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V/5 V
- Calibrated digital output signal in I²C format
- Calibrated analog voltage signal
- Resolution of 16 bits
- Accuracy: ±1% FS digital, ±1.5% analog
- Digital ASIC signal processor
- SOIC16 package for SMD assembly
- ISO & ISO/TS certified
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Respiratory control
- Devices for negative pressure wound therapy
- Fan control
- Gas flows
- Airstream measurement
- SM6X91 OEM pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note 505: AMS 4712 – What to know about bidirectional differential pressure sensing (also applies to the SM6X91)
- Application note 511: AMS 5812 – OEM pressure sensor with analog and digital output (also applies to the SM6X91)
- Application note 1702: Digital data exchange with pressure sensors from SMI for I²C users
- Application note 1703: I2C communication with SMI protocol-A
- White paper 03: How to measure differential pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact email@example.com.