The MS5611 is a high precision pressure sensor module* and includes a linear pressure measurement element (pressure die) and an ultra low power 24 bit ΣΔ- A/D-converter with internal factory calibrated coefficients. The main function is to convert the uncompensated analogue voltage from the pressure die to a 24bit digital value, as well as providing a 24 bit value for the temperature. These values can be calculated with the aid of the internal coefficients in any external processor to the real calibrated values. The MS5611 provides different operations modes that allow optimizing for speed and current consumption. A consumption of 0.9μA at one conversion per second (8bit) to 12.5μA (24bit) and resolution selection per conversion enables an optimum application specific power performance trade-offs to be realized.
The modules communicate via a four-wire SPI or two-wire I²C interface. The MS5611 is mounted in a small QFN-package and allows the integration in miniaturized mobile devices without any additional components. The sensing principle employed leads to very low hysteresis and high stability of both pressure and temperature signal.
*Modules are pressure sensors, whose output signals have to be calculated by an external microprocessor.
Accessories for the MS5611
Also available are sample boards, which can be used together with the USB Development Kit to quickly evaluate the sensors and build prototypes.
- Pressure range: 10 to 1200 mbar
- Temperature range: -40 °C to 85 °C
- Altitude resolution: 10 cm
- Resolution pressure: 0.012 mbar
- Resolution temperature: 0.01 °C
- Supply voltage: 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Very low current consumption: Standby max. 0.14 μA
- I²C and SPI interface
- ESD protected
- QFN housing: 5.0 x 3.0 x 0.95 mm³
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Mobile altimeters and mobile barometric measuring systems
- People search and navigation devices
- Weather stations
- Sports watches
- GPS receiver
- Air traffic control (Variometer and datalogger)
- MS5611-01BA03 pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note 1520: C-code examples for the MS56xx and MS58xx pressure sensor series
- Application note 509: MS5611 – Precise altitude measurement with pressure sensors
- White paper 02: How to measure absolute pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact email@example.com.