The MS5840-02BA is a digital OEM sensor* that measures high-resolution absolute pressure. The sensor is matched and outputs the measured values as digital output signals via an I2C interface.
The reflow-capable sensor is designed for the pressure range of 10 – 2,000 mbar and is media-protected with a gel coating. In addition to the pressure, the pressure sensor measures the temperature from -20 to 85 °C.
The pressure sensor MS5840-02BA consists of a piezoresistive pressure measuring cell and an amplifier A/D interface IC, which are built on a ceramic substrate (3.3 x 3.3 x 1.7 mm³). The metal attachment protects the electronic components, facilitates O-ring assembly and makes the sensor water-resistant. The sensor converts the measured pressure- and temperature-dependent signal of the measuring cell into a 16bit data code. In addition, 6 individual coefficients are stored in the sensor, which allow the highly accurate software correction for pressure and temperature measurement by an external microprocessor. The I²C interface is used for serial communication with the microprocessor.
The sensor is designed for applications with a digital system environment. Since a processor already exists here at the system level, it can be used for the simple calculation of the current pressure and temperature values.
- Pressure range: 10 – 2’000 mbar absolute
- Temperature range: -20 .. + 85 °C
- Resolution pressure: 0.016 mbar
- Resolution Temperature: 0.002 °C
- Supply voltage 1.5 – 3.6 V
- Low power consumption: 0.6 μA (standby <0.1 μA)
- I2C interface
- Ceramic substrate with metal cap: 3.3 x 3.3 x 1.7 mm
- RoHS and REACH compatible
- Mobile water depth measurement
- Diving computer
- Sports watches
- Compressor control
- MS5840-02BA pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note AN1808: Processing guidelines: Soldering TE sensors
- Whitepaper 02: How to measure absolute pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact email@example.com.