SM1221 / SM1321 / SM1421
The SOIC pressure sensors in the SM1X21 series are digital OEM sensors with a new silicon sensing element and modern electronic signal conditioning unit. The integrated digital signal processor permits calibration and temperature compensation during production.
The fully calibrated SM1221, SM1321 and SM1421 sensors are supplied in a standard SOIC16 package with two vertical or horizontal pressure connectors for SMD assembly. Pressure-proportional information in I2C format acts as an output signal. SM1221/SM1321/SM1421 are autonomous sensors which do not require any additional circuitry.
SM1221/SM1321/SM1421 are suitable for reflow soldering and automatic assembly on a PCB.
The sensor is available in a relative SM1221 or differential SM1321 sensor version or as asymmetrical, bidirectional, differential pressure sensor SM1421.
Variants of SM1221/SM1321/SM1421
SM1221 relative pressure ranges: 0 – 15 psi
SM1321 differential pressure ranges:
±15 psi (the absolute values of P1 and P2 must be identical. Please see the datasheet.)
SM1421 asymmetrical bidirectional pressure ranges:
P1: -15 – 0 psi and P2: 0 – 15 psi (the absolute values of P1 and P2 may differ from one another. The difference between P1 and P2 must be greater than 15 psi, however. Please see the datasheet.)
Link to the pressure converter
The SOIC sensors in the SM1X21 series are supplied by AMSYS as standard products and the following specifications thereof can be customized.
- Relative, differential and asymmetrical, bidirectional pressure: ±15 psi
- Compensated temperature range: -40–105°C
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V/5 V
- Calibrated digital output signal
- I²C format
- Resolution of 14 bits
- Accuracy: 1% FS
- Digital ASIC signal processor
- Bidirectional and differential versions
- SOIC16 package for SMD assembly
- ISO & ISO/TS certified
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Fan control
- Gas flows
- Airstream measurement
- SM1X21 OEM pressure sensor datasheet
- Application note 505: AMS 4712 – What to know about bidirectional differential pressure sensing (also applies to the SM1X21)
- Application note 1702: Digital data exchange with pressure sensors from SMI for I²C users
- Application note 1703: I2C communication with SMI protocol-A
- White paper 03: How to measure differential pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact email@example.com.