The IntraSense is an extremely small in-vivo pressure sensor for integration in catheters with only 1 French diameter. A highly flexible, fully protected cable is already connected to the sensor with dimensions of only 750 μm × 220 μm × 75 μm in order to make the use by the customer as easy as possible.
The absolute pressure sensor provides accurate and stable values in the range of approx.
-300 up to 500 mmHg. The sensor is designed for operation in air and saline fluids such as blood, cerebral fluid or urine.
A light-protected version is available as IntraSense SMI-1B. This allows applications with built-in lighting such as endoscopic use.
The calibrated version provides a fully temperature compensated pressure and temperature signal via a 5-pin connector. The accuracy of the pressure value is typically +/- 2 mmHg. Alternatively, an uncalibrated version is available in two versions: with stripped cable ends (2 cm length, (“BAUU”) or with a small PCB, pin connector and two resistors closing the Wheatstone-bridge (“BBUU”). Cable length and pressure range are customizable.
- Standard cable length 60 cm or 180 cm
- Optionally with light protection
- Standard pressure range 460 mmHg to 1260 mmHg absolute
(equals -300 mmHg to 500 mmHg relative to standard atmosphere)
- Uncalibrated version either as Wheatstone-half-bridge open-ended (“BAUU”) or Wheatstone-full-bridge with PCB and 4-pin header (“BBUU”)
- Calibrated version with both I²C and analog output either for 3.3 V (“BMAP”) or 5 V supply voltage (“BMAR”)
An evaluation kit is available for easy testing of the IntraSense. The pressure and temperature signals can be read via a USB interface using the free open-source Arduino software. The evaluation kit is available in the normal as well as light-protected version and comes with five readily calibrated sensors.