The IntraSense is an extremely small in-vivo pressure sensor for integration in catheters with only 1 French diameter. A highly flexible, fully protected cable is already connected to the sensor with dimensions of only 750 μm × 220 μm × 75 μm in order to make the use by the customer as easy as possible.
The absolute pressure sensor provides accurate and stable values in the range of approx.
-300 up to 500 mmHg. The sensor is designed for operation in air and saline fluids such as blood, cerebral fluid or urine.
A light-protected version is available as IntraSense SMI-1B. This allows applications with built-in lighting such as endoscopic use.
The calibrated version provides a fully temperature compensated pressure and temperature signal via a 5-pin connector. The accuracy of the pressure value is typically +/- 2 mmHg. Alternatively, an uncalibrated version is available in two versions: with stripped cable ends (2 cm length, (“BAUU”) or with a small PCB, pin connector and two resistors closing the Wheatstone-bridge (“BBUU”). Cable length and pressure range are customizable.
- Standard cable length 60 cm or 180 cm
- Optionally with light protection
- Standard pressure range 460 mmHg to 1260 mmHg absolute
(equals -300 mmHg to 500 mmHg relative to standard atmosphere)
- Uncalibrated version either as Wheatstone-half-bridge open-ended (“BAUU”) or Wheatstone-full-bridge with PCB and 4-pin header (“BBUU”)
- Calibrated version with both I²C and analog output either for 3.3 V (“BMAP”) or 5 V supply voltage (“BMAR”)
An evaluation kit is available for easy testing of the IntraSense. The pressure and temperature signals can be read via a USB interface using the free open-source Arduino software. The evaluation kit is available in the normal as well as light-protected version and comes with five readily calibrated sensors.
- Dimensions: 750μm × 220μm × 75μm – fitting a 1-French diameter catheter
- Pressure range: 460 .. 1260 mmHg absolute (equals -300 .. 500 mmHg relative)
- Proof pressure: -400 .. 4000 mmHg
- Cable already assembled
- Optional light protection for endoscopic applications
- Optionally calibrated and compensated in the temperature range of 10 ° C to 60 ° C
- Output: mV (unamplified) or 0.5 … 4.5 V / I²C (calibrated version)
- Current consumption unamplified sensor: typ. 0.7 mA
- Overall error, typ.: +/- 2 mmHg, max.: +/- 8 mmHg
- Atrial Ablation
- Resuscitative Balloon
- Occlusion of the Aorta
- Microvascular Obstruction
- Intracranial Pressure
- Fractional Flow Reserve (FFR)
- Reproductive Health
- Aortic Control
- Compartment Syndrome
- Cochlear Implant
The evaluation kits for prototyping are available in the following variants:
Or as already calibrated probes in the following four variants:
|Name||Calibrated pressure range||Compensated temperature range||Supply voltage(V)||Light shield|
|SMI-1A-48-xxx-BMAP||460 .. +1260 mmHg||10° – 60°C||3,3||no|
|SMI-1B-48-xxx-BMAP||460 .. +1260 mmHg||10° – 60°C||3,3||yes|
|SMI-1A-48-xxx-BMAR||460 .. +1260 mmHg||10° – 60°C||5,0||no|
|SMI-1B-48-xxx-BMAR||460 .. +1260 mmHg||10° – 60°C||5,0||yes|
where ‘xxx’ is the cable length in cm.
Or as uncalibrated probes in the following four variants:
|Name||Recommended pressure range||Diameter of catheter||Proximal termination||Light shield|
|SMI-1A-48-xxx-BAUU||460 .. +1260 mmHg||1 French||3 stripped wires||no|
|SMI-1A-48-xxx-BBUU||460 .. +1260 mmHg||1 French||4-Pin PCB||no|
|SMI-1B-48-xxx-BAUU||460 .. +1260 mmHg||1 French||3 stripped wires||yes|
|SMI-1B-48-xxx-BBUU||460 .. +1260 mmHg||1 French||4-Pin PCB||yes|
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact email@example.com.