The miniaturized sensors in the AMS 4516 series are high-precision, ready-to-use transmitters* which are suitable for measuring absolute, relative and differential pressure. They transmit measurement data via Bluetooth Low Energy 5.1 (BLE; radio frequency of 2.4 GHz). The sensors are optimized for low power consumption and operated by a single cell battery (CR 2032). They have a free-field range of approximately 100 m (328 ft). The sensors can be read out and configured using the AMS 4516 Android app, the AMSYS-gateway or a windows desktop application.
The offset and span are electronically calibrated and the temperature-related offset and span drift compensated for during manufacture, so that no subsequent calibration by the user is required. The wireless pressure transmitters are supplied in a compact, robust plastic package (IP44) for quick screw mounting and are suitable for external installation.
Thanks to Underside pressurization* the pressure transmitters are media resistant on one side and come in several different versions for a wide pressure range of 5 mbar to 1 bar.
Variants of AMS 4516
AMS 4516 low pressure ranges, differential and bidirectional differential:
0–5 and 0–10 mbar; ±5 and ±10 mbar
AMS 4516 low pressure ranges, differential/relative and bidirectional differential:
0–25, 0–50 and 0–100 mbar; ±25, ±50 and ±100 mbar
AMS 4516 standard pressure ranges, differential/relative:
0–350, 0–1,000 and 0–2,000 mbar; ±350 and ±1,000 mbar
AMS 4516 standard pressure ranges, absolute:
A barometric version from 10-2,000 mbar is available as AMS 4506
Please note: AMS 4516 sensors can also be custom-calibrated and the AMS 4516 app specially adapted.
Further variants in the transmitter family include the wired AMS 4711 with a 5-V output, the AMS 4710 with a 10-V output or the AMS 4712 with an interference-resistant 4–20 mA current output. The AMS 3011 in its robust metal package with a 5V output can also cope with high system pressures*.
Newly available is the AMSYS Gateway. A linux based RPI3b+ device with an integrated ssh-server, working as interface between the bluetooth pressure sensor and the local network. Specially when using several bluetooth sensors, the gateway makes it easier to keep an eye on the real-time results of the sensors and to handle the data.
- Relative, absolute and differential pressure ranges of 5 mbar to 1 bar
- Operating range: 0–60°C
- Supply voltage: 2.7 to 3.6 V
- Bluetooth 5.1 signal transmission
- Battery operation (CF 2032)
- Maintenance free and suitable for industrial use
- Very easy mounting with APP, gateway or windows desktop app
- RoHS and REACH compliant
- Product made in Germany
Monitoring in places which are difficult to access on in mouvement for:
- Industrial filter/ventilator monitors
- Pneumatic monitors
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning system monitors
- Level sensing
- Over- / Unterpressure systems
- AMS 4516 wireless pressure transmitter datasheet
- AMS 4516 wireless pressure transmitter APP datasheet
- AMSYS Gateway
- AMSYS Desktop App description
- Application note 515: AMS 4711 – media compatible pressure transmitter for industrial applications in matchbox format (also applies to AMS 4516)
- White paper 02: How to measure absolute pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
- White paper 03: How to measure differential pressure using piezoresistive sensing elements
For information on prices and delivery times or if you have any technical questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.